IPv4 addresses were usually free through RIRs (Regional Internet Registries). By 2001, there was a shortage of IPv4 blocks and ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers) has confirmed in 2015 that they will not assign any more free space. ARIN will no longer assign IPv4 address space unless customers meet very specific requirements. Typically, IPv4 blocks are only available through trading or transfers via secondary markets.
Even with the free availability running out, IPv4 is still the most used internet protocol employed to connect devices with a 32-bit address space. The rollout of IPv6 while almost a limitless supply of addresses is a slow-moving process because it is not entirely compatible with all things IPv4, Migration and upgrades can be costly for many organizations. Significant upgrades to infrastructure, routers, switches, firewalls, or trying to run IPv4 and IPv6 concurrently, can be expensive and many have chosen to make the upgrade over time as a long-term project instead of making the leap all at once.
Thus, the demand to buy IPv4 blocks continue with active sellers and more popular than ever before. Many organizations have sat on large quantities of IPv4 blocks. Millions of these addresses have and will never be used, which creates a great secondary market for interested parties. Selling of IPv4 blocks while currently in abundance, will become scarcer over the foreseeable future. So, how will you buy IPv4 blocks? Keep reading to know the exact process…
Guide to Buy IPv4 Blocks for First-Timers
Purchasing IPv4 blocks can be risky and complicated at the same time for the less experienced and first-timers. This is especially true since there are policies and rules through ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) and ARIN that need to be followed when transferring the addresses. There are specific requirements that must be met before you can buy IPv4 blocks. Some regions require pre-approval through RIR (Regional Internet Registry).
Five Successful Steps of Buying IPv4 Blocks
- Pre-Approval: Present ARIN, RIPE and/or APNIC with requirements for needing extra address space provide information on your existing address usage, and expected growth rates.
- Find a Broker: Find a reliable broker-cum-partner that has best relationships and makes you feel like they really care.
- Price and Payment Settlement: Prices vary generally based on region, size and if they look clean.
- IPv4 Transfer: Many transfers use trusted third-party services for secured payments. After verified payment is received, the seller transfers the prefixes to their registry account. They will then validate the pre-approval and set the transfer fee based on the size of the IPv4 block. The IPv4 blocks are now yours.
- Update ARIN, DNS records, Whois, Firewalls, border ACLs, BGP and Geo-IP services
The benefits of reaching out to IPv4hosting.com are tenfold. First, it takes a lot of the weight off your shoulders. At IPv4hosting.com, we have extensive knowledge of ARIN, RIPE and APNIC policies and we match buyers to sellers to speed up the process. We take the responsibility of research off of your hands. Our team confirms the right-to-use and any other limitations that may exist on the use of the IP blocks. Acting as a trusted partner for IPv4 properties, we negotiate price, timings, and law, and help facilitate the accounts for complete protection.
Since the inception of the IPv4 market, there has been speculation about how high the price of IPv4 blocks will go. However, we stick to give you the chance to buyIPv4 blocks at competitive price only at IPv4hosting.com. Get in touch for more details!
Contact No: 1-650-509-5008